Saturday, March 19, 2011

is that sunshine I see?

Well, my original plan on blogging every day, or every other day obviously has turned out to be much more difficult than expected. I'm not sure what happened this week, but seems the week got crazy busy, and before I knew it, it was Saturday (no complaints here) but I had managed to miss a couple days that could have been filled with awesome blogging. Oh well. I'll just give some recaps of the week :)

Tuesday morning was started with the Power and Resistance Insanity workout. I'm still having trouble adjusting to getting up early in the morning to work out, but my days are so much better when I do. Plus, it worked out in my favor becasue I was offered a free ticket to see the Seattle Sounders opening game Tuesday night (in a SUITE) (shout out to Marisa for inviting me, and United Way for hooking us up)! Aside from the weather being wet and rainy and having an interesting adventure trying to order beer and food at the game, overall, it was a blast!
'Suite View'
 I didn't get home until almost 10pm (which is normally when I crawl in bed) but I stayed up with my wonderful boy to watch Biggest Loser (we watch it together every single Tuesday night together). I was also lucky enough to have dinner prepped for me (which I ended up packing for lunch the next day) and also had all my other meals for the next day made and ready for me to take to work. Can we say best boyfriend EVER award :)

Wednesday was a blur of a day. We will just leave it at that. (I ended up taking Wednesday as a rest day from Insanity because of how blurry the day was).

I was SO happy once Thursday finally arrived. One, its JERSDAY (yes, i am addicted to Jersey Shore...and so is Chad). Also, I always think of Thursday as the new Friday :) My work day was a bit stressful, but once I got home and got my Plyometric Cardio Circuit workout in, I felt SO much better. Its amazing how much working out can relax my body and just make me feel better about the days events. For dinner, I made Chicken stir fry and it was absolutely delicious. All it takes is some broccoli, snow peas and mushrooms sauteed with chicken broth, sesame oil and some low sodium soy sauce. Add some cooked chicken and toss mixture on top of some brown rice. (I am still trying to decide if I should share detailed recipes or not. If you're interested, please just let me know!)
Mmmm...

Can't complain too much about Friday because, well - it was Friday! I ended up taking another day off from working out (shame on me, I know) but I had gotten all dressed up for the day and didn't want to ruin my hair or outfit (horrible excuse..but it managed to work). Unfortunately, I didn't get a full picture of my outfit, BUT I did get a wonderful picture of me eating my new favorite breakfast (and now afternoon snack)
 Almond butter smeared on a toasted blueberry waffle. AMAZING!
When I eat it for breakfast, I put a cut up banana on top and normally drink coffee on the side. I am completely addicted to almond butter, and for the time being, blueberry waffles are my favorite thing to put it on. I highly highly recommend it.

Now that we're all caught up, its SATURDAY! I woke up to see the sun shining outside which was such a beautiful sight. It's been rainy and gray lately, and seeing the sun pour through the blinds just makes my day. Chad and I got up early this morning and busted out Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. Since we missed yesterday's workout, we still have one more workout to do (Cardio Recovery) which will be done sometime later today. Our workout was followed with a yummy breakfast.
Kashin GoLean cereal, with ground flax seeds, 1/2 a cut up banana and some almond milk.

Otherwise, plans for the day are pretty minimal. We need to go run out and get some goodies for our spoiled kitties, and I am hoping to drag Chad outside for some sort of activity so we can enjoy the sun. Since it's so rare, I really want to try to enjoy it! 

Tonight, we are going to our friends house to watch UFC 128. I absolutely LOVE UFC. Part of it is definitely contributed to this little hot number...
GSP

I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday and hopefully are able to get outside to enjoy some of this beautiful sunshine!
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment