Monday, March 21, 2011

Recovery...or something like that

Happy Monday! I missed blogging yesterday because I spent a majority of the day out in the sun, which was totally amazing! My girlfriend and I decided to go running around Greenlake ( a nice 3.2 mile jog). I was pretty satisfied with it considering I hadn't run since sometime last year, and my knee has been bothering me  TON lately (more on that sometime down the road in another post). Either way, I was able to keep a steady conversation the whole run, and not completely exhaust myself. Seems like all the INSANITY workouts have really improved my cardio. We only did one lap around the lake, even though we both felt capable of doing another one. We've set  date for tomorrow to attempt two laps (6.4 miles!) Anyway, after our run, we enjoyed a nice lunch at a local bar and grill. I enjoyed a nice blu cheese wedge salad. It was delicious! After parting ways, I came home and took a nice snooze on the couch :) Chad woke me up after getting a nice long nap in and we proceeded to complete our LAST workout for month 1 of INSANITY. It felt incredible to complete the whole first month and I can't wait to see what month 2 has to offer.

As for today, I had a fairly busy day at work and proceeded to Bonefish after work to bid adieu to a friend at work who is traveling out of country for a month to visit family. It was nice just to sit and chat for a little bit, knowing we won't be chatting daily for a complete month! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stay long because I had promised my mom I would do a kickboxing class with her. I was a bit nervous since I've never done kickboxing before, but I completely LOVED the class and the instructor had SO much energy and just made it that much more enjoyable. I also enjoyed spending the time with my mom and seeing her kick such major butt in kickboxing! I actually enjoyed it so much, I ended up signing up for 10 more future classes. I now have something fun to look forward to every Monday night :) After kickboxing, I came home and completed our first workout for our recovery week. This is kind of where I question it really being 'recovery week'. I'm pretty much doing 2 a days all this week, and probably up until Puerto Rico. I am not super excited with my results so far, so I am upping my workouts a bit in hopes to see more results.

Time to spend some time with my love and kitties. They are all in desperate need of snuggles, and so am I.
Goodnight all! xo

P.S. Future posts should hopefully be getting more structure, consistency (I hope!) and plenty more pictures...cause pictures make everything visually more appealing!

No comments:

Post a Comment