Monday, May 9, 2011

Special days

Looks like I missed out on blogging yesterday, but it was all for a good reason. Of course it was Mother's Day so I spent the day with my wonderful mama shopping our little hearts out.


Let's talk about this GORGEOUS dress garment. First of all, it caught my eye just as we were leaving Macys. There was only ONE dress, and based on how it looked hanging on the hanger, I was convinced there was no way it would be my size, or something I could even fit to. Well, don't you know it, I checked the tag and it was my EXACT size. Now would be a good time to say this happened LAST year when I went shopping for a dress for a wedding and came across my beautiful red dress. Only one, in my size and it was perfect. I couldn't leave without it, so I of course bought it.


Isn't the dress gorgeous? I bought it last July and have worn it only once. And by once, I mean once out in public, I put it on frequently and prance around my house because I love it THAT much (totally 150% serious!) Unfortunately, I could NOT justify the beautiful long dress I found yesterday. First off, the price was a bit ridiculous considering I could probably wear it once (if I'm lucky). I tried to convince my mom I would wear it to work every day, to clean my house and to grocery shop, but she eventually convinced me, it just wasn't a good idea. So long dream dress.. maybe we will meet again one day....

Anyway, after shopping (I bought my mama a new purse for Mother's Day) we came home and made a delicious dinner. My mom absolutely LOVES chicken marsala (and I do as well) but she's never made it before. She decided for Mother's Day, SHE wanted to make it. Crazy, I know!


Being the wonderful daughter I am, I of course helped. First, I took pictures of her beating the meat (hehehe sorry mom!) and then I helped read the recipe to her, and maybe with some other misc. activites. Let me tell you, for having made chicken marsala for the first time, my mom kicked some major butt.


DELICIOUS! To accompany our delicious chicken (which really didn't need any sides), we had broccoli and mashed potatoes. Our potatoes were made with golden yellow and purple fingerling potatoes. Once they were mashed, they remind me of a certain college (Go UW HUSKIES!)


Overall, the meal was delicious and by the end of it, my mother was hiding the chicken from me so I wouldn't eat ever last remaining bite. Yes, it was THAT good!

Today, of course was Monday and not really my favorite day of the week. Work was alright, but I was so happy when 5 o'clock hit and I could come home. My friend Thy has decided to do INSANITY with me (yup, starting over again today) so we can home and did our first workout. It felt SO good to get my heart rate up and get my body moving and of course, dripping with sweat! After the workout, I made myself a little dinner (chicken sandwich on a sandwich flat, with roasted chicken, guacamole and fontina cheese with a side of red bell peppers). It wasn't anything too exciting, but it hit the spot for me. Guacamole is kind of my favorite thing under the sun right now and I could pretty much put it on ANYTHING!

After a quick bite, I ran out to go tanning (need that vitamin D for my body) then I ran home to wish my parents dog (aka MY dog, but he lives at home with them) Buddy a Happy birthday!


He's 13 years old today! I still remember the day he came into our life... I was 12 years old, and was outside playing in a fort I had built with my neighbor. We were minding our own business when this dog wandered into our tent...sniffed around and left. A couple seconds later, our noses smelt a HORRIBLE smell... Poor puppy dog had gas. He ended up being a stray with a hurt leg and our neighbors took him in. We had been on the search for a dog, and Buddy came into our life at the perfect time. Needless to say, we decided to keep him and the rest is history. He is by far the most incredible dog in the world, and makes me SO happy. LOVE YOU BUDDY!!

Anyway, time for me to hit the hay! Going to finish watching Bethenny Ever After (anybody else watch?) then hop into bed! Hoping to get a run in before work tomorrow.

See ya tomorrow afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment