Sunday, March 27, 2011

Halfway through INSANITY

Obviously, based on my last blog, I am failing majorly at blogging every day, or even every other day. I swear I come up with ideas, but then I manage to fill my schedule with a bunch of mumbo jumbo, and before I know it, it's late at night and I'm passed out in bed with no blog post. That being said, time for a super long post with lots of pictures and updates from the past week. Let's see...where shall we start...

Wednesday
All I can remember about Wednesday is it was my rest day from working out (however, it never seems like a rest day since I keep myself busy from the instant I wake up until the moment I go to sleep). Plus side to this past week, I had my last night of class! WAHOO! I've been taking night classes at a vocational school down in Seattle once a week to learn HTML and CSS. The teacher was absolutely awesome and so extremely knowledgeable and passionate about his job. Ever heard of IMDb (Internet Movie Database) ? Well, my teacher works for them is an absolute GENIUS! :) Needless to say, it was bittersweet ending the class (however, mostly sweet) since I wasn't a huge fan of working all day, sitting in traffic for about an hour to get to class, then spending another 3 hours in class in front of a computer (which I already do all day at work). Either way, go me!

Thursday
Um... honestly, my memory is failing me and I can't remember what I did. (Mental note to self: this is why you  need to blog more often, so you can actually remember what you DID each day).

Friday
Who doesn't love Fridays? While all my friends were busy getting dolled up, going out to the bars and living it up, what was I doing?  Oh yeah, I was at home working out. SO. EXCITING! By the time, 10:30 rolled around, I was already passing out on the couch. I am turning into a grandma! However, my wonderful boyfriend convinced me to stay awake to watch a movie with him. My original plan was to 'stay awake' (aka fall asleep on the couch) like I always do, but I somehow managed to stay awake. We ended up watching Buried. The highlight for me was Ryan Reynolds was the star.

Mmmm :)

Unfortunately, he had his shirt on the whole movie, and was in a coffin. Um, yeah. Read the review to get a vibe of what its about. I can't really decide my final thoughts on the movie. I'm going to say I don't think I liked it, but I am still undecided. I should mention right now, I am HORRIBLE with movies. I haven't seen all the movies that like everyone has seen, and 98% of the time, I managed to fall asleep within the first 15 minutes of most movies.



Saturday
I was up bright and early to go to a Hoopdance class with my mom. If you haven't heard of Hoopdance, you should definitely check it out. The link is to a site run by a good friend of mine. She is a yoga teacher, but also is a licensed workout teacher with Hoopgirl. She makes custom hula hoops (you should buy one! you can pick the colors and there is a size for everyone, from beginner to intermediate!). Anyway, my mother and I started the morning by attending a Hoopdance class and we had quite the workout. My mother has not hooped since she was young and wasn't sure she'd be able to do it. She was so excited to find out she could still hoop, and learned quite a few new tricks. I think we will be adding this workout to out weekly schedule :)
   After the workout, I took my mom home and spent some time catching up with their neighbors. Their next door neighbors foster dogs before finding new homes for them. The currently have a puppy who absolutely STOLE my heart.
Meet Oakley :)
Needless to say, it was love at first site. He has the sweetest face and just overall, is precious. I bombarded Chad's phone with pictures of him and saying 'I WANT!' However, he wasn't as excited as I was. Its okay though, I am still working on him. The dog is a sweetie and I want to give him a home. I guess I should mention, just recently, I think I said I wasn't ready for a dog, but just seeing this face, it totally changed my mind. I would get up at the crack of dawn every day to let this cutie go potty outside. Not to mention, he would be a wonderful running partner. Speaking of which, I should probably include, I already do have a puppy (well, I suppose he's a adult, since he's 14 years old, but always my baby) who lives with my parents.
This is my baby, Buddy
This picture is older, and Buddy has some gray hair now, but he is just as handsome as this picture, if not more handsome :) This all being said, Buddy is my number 1 love, and I would LOVE to adopt Oakley so Buddy could have a little friend, and our kitties would have a friend too. I am also kinda hoping a puppy would teach the kitties to stay OFF the kitchen counters since it seems to be their favorite place in the world. I will keep y'all (did i just say y'all...yes i did!) updated on how convincing Chad on Oakley. Keep your fingers crossed!!!
 Chad and the birthday boy
Saturday night was spent down in Seattle celebrating Chad's uncles 40th birthday. The night was filled with lots of booze, (I had to drive us home, so I only had a couple drinks early on and drank water the rest of the evening) Italian food, loud music and tons of great friends.
Birthday boy & his cake
Birthday shot
LOVE him!
Overall, the night was a great success and such a good time! I'm very proud to say I restrained myself from over eating and just helped myself to a couple bites of lasagna, a big plate of salad and some yummy broccoli. I did have some of the birthday cake, but Chad and I split a piece, so I think it's okay :) 

Sunday 
Now that we are finally caught up with the present day, I get to share some exciting news! Today, Chad and I finished our final workout for recovery and tomorrow we start month 2 of INSANITY. This being said, today we got to weigh in, take measurements and of course, new pictures. Ready to see the transformation I've made so far? I'm having trouble uploading the pictures Chad edited with the 3 pictures next to each other, so for the time being, I'm just going to show today's pictures and you'll have to research back through my blog about to see the other pictures :) (I know a pain, but I'm sort of lazy). Next time, I'll make it easier :)








I have to say, I had been feeling pretty discouraged because my weight hasn't been changing to much, but after looking at the before and after pictures, I can't really deny the change. It feels incredible to be committed to this, and watching my body change. This is the best shape I've been in my whole life, and I still have another month to finish it off. I haven't felt this great in so long, and I'm getting more and more excited just to continue my healthy journey.

Well, that's it for now. Tomorrow starts Month 2 of INSANITY and I am SO pumped for what it has to offer. I am really going to try to post again tomorrow, if not, Tuesday!

xoxoxo!


P.S.
Sorry about the inconsistent spacing of this whole blog. I'm having trouble figuring it out, an am settling in to watch a movie. At some point, I promise, I WILL figure it out.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment